The shore dive at Glen Ayr is great for both beginners and seasoned divers! To the north of the dock are deep walls that house the Giant Pacific Octopus and to the south of the dock is a rubble field that is great for macro photography. South of the dock we are also mapping out a reef that YSS Dive in Hoodsport found and we will have more info on that soon! The depth ranges from 20′ to 130′.
We offer a day use for Divers for $20/per person- That ONLY includes use of the dive site, the rinse tub, bathrooms/showers
For Dive Instructors coming with a class for day use, we offer rental of our clubhouse/heated Gazebo for instructional classes or debriefing.
2 hours $25, 2-4 hours $50 , 4-6 hours $75 , 6 or more hours $100
Parking and Paying for Day Use
When you get to the facility you need to check in at the office to pay. You will receive one parking pass per vehicle, we ask that you display it on your rearview mirror.
If your group is arriving before the office opens at 9am you will need to make arrangements with the office ahead of time on how many parking passes you need and who all will be coming. You would then pay ahead of time over the phone.
*No Refunds on Day use Diving passes that are paid in advance.
Parking for day use is along the shoulder of the highway at the front of the property and the 4 spaces by the Glen Ayr Sign.
During our busy months June-September we will have limited parking for day use. So if you are coming during those months you need to call ahead to schedule and make sure there is parking available.
During winter months if you are coming with a large group and coming on the weekend (Friday/Saturday) we would also require you to call ahead and schedule with us.
Divers Lodging at Glen Ayr Resort
If you are lodging at Glen Ayr Resort then you would have access to the following remaining amenities and perks:
- In the Dive Shed we have 4 dive lockers for rent that you can lock your gear in. These lockers are $10/day and can be reserved online. Our Dive shed is heated and ventilated to dry out your gear. There is free drying space available if you do not wish to reserve a locker.
- The hot tub to warm back up.
- Our coin-op laundry room to dry or wash any other clothes.
- If the instructor is staying at the hotel then the first 2 hours of Clubhouse/Gazebo rental is free.
- We partner with YSS Dive, 1 min away in Hoodsport, to fill air tanks. If you stay the night at Glen Ayr, you get half off air fills there. Voucher cards in our office.
- Plan ahead and book a dive charter with YSS Dive and they can pick you up at our docks! www.yssdivecharters.com